Rivet & Ribs
Time & Location
About The Event
Escape for a day!
Beginning in Westlake Village, at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains, Rivet will take you on an unparalleled cycling journey past coastal surf towns, through oak tree filled meadows, along secluded estate lined foothills, and ultimately finish at the Canary Hotel's rooftop bar, Perch (what Travel + Leisure calls one of the "hottest hotel rooftop bars"). Here, world class chefs will treat your taste buds to organic and locally sourced fare in a truly authentic farm-to-table culinary experience. All while you sip on specially crafted beer and wine overlooking the beautiful terra cotta tiled town known as the American Riviera. But the most beautiful part? All proceeds go to benefit Chefs Cycle and their support for No Kid Hungry!
*NOTE Event location/time reflects the Dinner Only option. The ride will begin here at 9am (get there early for coffee and light bites) and ends at the Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara. Don't feel like riding, or wish your significant other could join in on the fun? No problem! That's why we've created a Dinner Only option - for those that still want to partake in the festivities but don't want to ride.
- Pre-ride Fika (What is Fika? Simply put, Fika is the Swedish concept for taking time-out in your day to share coffee with friends). Freshly ground coffee accompanied by lite bites and stroopwafel's will be provided to energize you before the start.
- SAG van 2 SAG vans will be providing water, hydration mix, nutrition, spare tubes and pumps.
- Ride Captains will be on hand to shepherd and help keep the group riding in a cohesive manner.
- Bag valet Wish you had a change of clothes post-ride? We've got you covered! Check in your small duffel bag or backpack at the start and get it back before you hit the showers. Talk about service!
- Showers Change out of that clammy kit and freshen up with a warm shower before the dinner party begins.
- Dinner Undoubtedly the highlight of the ride. The post-ride dinner will be masterfully orchestrated by Finch & Fork's world class culinary team right on the rooftop of the Canary Hotel. It's here you'll be able feast on 2 different types of BBQ ribs (think, 1 marinated in a mandarin orange and chipotle chile sauce and the other in an apricot and mustard marinade) and stuff-your-face worthy sides like bacon & cheddar biscuits and apple & cabbage slaw with toasted flax seeds. Then wash it all down with craft ale's and local vintage wine while taking in the stunning 360 degree views of Santa Barbara and the Channel Islands!
- DJ And you thought the festivities ended with awesome food! We've got Santa Barbara's premier resident DJ, Darla Bea, spinning beats while you nosh away and enjoy the incredible views.
- Shuttle Don't have a ride back to the start? For an extra $25 you can purchase a ticket which includes a shuttle back to Westlake Village. Shuttle will leave at 8pm and tickets must be purchased 48hrs in advance.
What's NOT included
- Food/beverage at cafe stops During the ride there will be 2 brief coffee stops (one in Ventura and the other in Montecito). Water and nutrition from the SAG van will be on hand. However, any further food/beverage from the cafe is up to you.
- Hotel Room Despite rooms not being included, that doesn't mean we haven't worked out an absolutely stellar rate for those of you that want to stay the night and further enjoy the luxuries of the Canary Hotel! Normally room rates are $525/night (+fees/taxes) BUT the Canary has generously reduced its rate to $319/night (+fees/taxes). This is a great option if you'd like to bring your spouse and spend the weekend in Santa Barbara (not a bad idea with Valentine's Day around the corner). Or if you'd like to spend the night and ride back the next morning.
*NOTE rate is subject to 10 rooms in total being booked and must be booked by January 3rd, 2018. Please email inquiries.
Route details provided here
Book now! Tickets increase $25 on January 8th, 2018
- Dinner Only$95$950$0
- Dinner + Ride$120$1200$0
- Dinner + Ride + Return Shuttle$145$1450$0